Wednesday 15 June 2011

One Year Anniversary

Me and Joe had officially been together a year yesterday. Can’t believe how quick time has gone, a whole year since Newquay where he asked me out. This year has had so many ups and downs, but I am pleased to say we have made it through the other side.


In celebration of this glorious event I was treated with a visit to the cinema. I have been waiting to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3D for a little while now and was looking forward to finally see it. I was never fully convinced of the film saga. I watched the first one about 10 times; it wasn’t until Joe explained to me whilst we were watching it that I actually understood what was going on. Once I did finally get the gist on what was going on I loved it. I was totally hooked and in the space of two days I watched 1, 2 and 3. I loved how imaginative they were and I loved the characters. I still found them to be a bit confusing, so I suggest you watch it with someone there who you can ask lots of questions.

I was sceptical as to what storyline they could run in number 4 and was worried they had taken it too far. After watching it I wouldn’t say I was disappointed, but the film had no relevance to the other three. I was disappointed that Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley weren’t in it, despite their irritating characteristics and story line. I loved how they ended it with the couple in number three, so I can understand why they wanted to leave their story there. However, me personally I would have considered it better viewing for them to be involved somehow, as the other three revolved around them. I did love Captain Barbosa’s character more in this one than before. They gave him more of a star role and he bounced off of Captain Jack Sparrow (Jonny Depp). I warmed to him more when I realised it was the same actor as the speech therapist in the Kings Speech, he played a fantastic part! Star of the film and favourite of mine as in the others was definitely Captain Jack Sparrow. He was just as funny and was definitely the best character in number 4. I feel they used the 3D effects well and without it this film would have been even more pointless. I would watch it again, however if they make a number 5 I have promised myself I will not go to see it. I recommend you watch this if you are a major Jonny Depp or Jack Sparrow fan. I must admit I don’t fancy Jonny Depp normally but as Captain Jack Sparrow, he is lush!

We were going to go for something to eat after the film but it was late when we came out of the cinema. We went to Bradford Cineworld, so in preference of not being killed we got the bus home. Our favourite Indian decides to close on a Tuesday now and the Chinese doesn’t deliver, so I settled for a fish finger and ketchup roll.

I had a peculiar late night phone call off my mother. She rang me to declare that when I go home I need to be doing my own washing up. What is it with mums that you can live on your own for three years, but the minute you go home they assume you can’t look after yourself? Is it that mothers can’t except that you don’t need them to clean up after them anymore? I felt like I was receiving a lecture like when I was living back at home and I hadn’t even got there yet. I have now made the decision that I will let her weight on me hand and foot for a week as she already assumed that is what she would be doing. I managed by the end of the call to make her feel guilty about having a go at me and to quote she said “I will look after you like a queen when you’re home.” I think she had consumed a few too many vinos but she insisted she had only been drinking since 6 (she phoned me at half past 10). I love the fact I am still my mother’s only child, so my manipulation still works on her.

We finished our anniversary by watching the film Sleepers. It probably wasn’t the happiest of choices, but Joe had never seen it before. Even though the film is depressing I love it. Joe loved it as well which is good as he is very hard to please in the film department. It has a great storyline and the characters both younger and older, play a brilliant part. It even stars Robert De Niro who I adore. I personally cannot fault this film and would recommend it to anyone. Be warned though, this is upsetting and I cry every time I watch it. I believe everyone needs a good cry fest once in a while.

Thanks for reading, blog soon

Danielle .xxx.



Me and Joe the night we started going out :) (slightly drunk)

2 comments:

  1. Great account I was half expecting a raunchy ending there, "Joe touched my inner thigh, I clenched, he rubbed his torso along my back before gently pressing his parted lips against my tingling neck, whispering, Millwall, are you playing this weekend?! Lol Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha love it! I dont want to put my audience off reading on post number two :) miss you too Dan. Shame I didnt do this blog of our summer drinkies, not that I remember a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete