Friday 8 July 2011

Maxi Dress Madness!

I am going to engross in a little blog ranting this evening about maxi dresses. What is their problem? I am unable to find one to fit anywhere. I have been blessed with the unfortunate height of 5ft 3, but as the saying goes good things come in small packages. I do have this problem with jeans but have now sorted it with the short length available, so why can’t the maxi dress do short, regular and long length.


I was in heaven holiday shopping as me and stringer are taking flight to sunny Spain on Thursday. I bought my sun cream, sunglasses, travel shampoo; flip flops even a holiday book and was in desperate need of a nice maxi dress. I was on a short woman mission to find one that suited me and didn’t drape on the floor. I went in all your high street shops River Island, New Look, Republic, Bank, BHS, Dorothy Perkins and was just growing angrier as I tried more and more on in every shop. The closest I came to buying one was in Dorothy Perkins because it didn’t drape as much as the others. However, it was the ugliest out of the bunch and I refuse to settle and look like a gypsy just because I am short. Joe did the nice suggestion and said buy the one you like and my mum will take it up for you. Quite frankly after 10 or so shops this suggestion was just not good enough. Why should I have to have my clothes taken up just because I am shorter, the high street shops should cater for all sizes. After all clothes sizes go down to a size 6 and that is below the national average, so they should cater for height aswell. Joe even tried to joke at one point and made a suggestion I buy heels to go with my maxi dress. Is he insinuating that because I am short I cannot relax and enjoy my dress with flip flops; I will not accept this as an easy way out option.

I am now somewhat over my first try and am determined to try again Monday. In fact my aim is not to leave the shopping centre until I find a maxi dress for my holiday. I shall let you know how it goes and unveil the magic dress that fits, if I succeed in finding one.

One a slightly different note, I picked up my holiday book whilst shopping. I recently finished reading a book called Stolen by Lesley Pearse. It was an excellent book with such creative storytelling. I literally could not put it down from front to back. Her new book Belle is book of the week in WHSmiths at the mo, and is half price. Highly recommend you all to rush out to purchase a copy! Take it from me once you read one you will want to read them all.

Blog soon xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment